We require a 3mm “BLEED” on a document in order to get a white border free print. Simply put, this means your file has to be 3mm wider all the way around so the printed image “bleeds” off the page. i.e a business card which has a finished size of 85mm x 55mm would have to be designed at 91mm x 61mm with valuable text or images off set approximately 10mm from the edge.
If the file has no bleed on it then there will be a 3mm white margin or border all the way around the finished print to aid the cutting process. Likewise any text or images that will not be bleeding off the page must be at least 5mm – 10mm in from the edge of the page otherwise they may get trimmed off in the cutting stage.
- All files must be in the CMYK colour mode, not RGB.
- Ensure any valuable text or images are positioned at least 10mm from the finished edge. This will ensure nothing gets chopped off.
- All files supplied are advised to be a minimum of 300dpi and they must be saved as high quality PDF’s (PDF/X-1a) with all text/fonts outlined.
- Booklets must be provided as single page – not spreads. The number of pages in a booklet must also be divisible by 4.
- Crop marks are ideal – if this feature is not available in your design software don’t worry, we can add them.
- We do not print from Word, Publisher or PowerPoint files – please save files as an Adobe PDF (PDF/X-1a) (portable document format).